Episode 16: Terrifying Robot Dog
Running time: 1:24:56
Jonathan and Kelli begin with many-to-many self joins with ActiveRecord, "sticky-finger" swipe in the People.com mobile site, and a philosophy of comments for self-documenting code. And then we go totally off the reservation with broadcasting human senses, cars for the blind, and a truly terrifying robot dog. Fun!
- Self-Referencing Many-To-Many Relationships, Of A Sort
- People opens full mobile buffet after years of snacks
- BDConf: The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
- A series voice samples by Alan Alda demonstrating Cochlear implant improvements over the years
- Dennis Hong: Making a car for the blind
- Sheila Nirenberg: A prosthetic eye to treat blindness
- Google Glass parachute demo at I/O
- SPDY networking protocol
- Amber Case: We are all cyborgs now
- Juan Enriquez: Will our kids be a different species?
- Big Dog
- The Machine Is Us/Ing Us